What if a peddler comes to my home?

If a peddler/transient merchant comes to your residential home, ask to see their City of Hartford license and their State of South Dakota license.  A peddler MUST have both of these licenses available upon request.  If they do not have the required licenses, call 911 immediately.  Also, call 911 if you ask a peddler to leave your premises and they remain on your premises.  Note:  A person selling agricultural poducts produced or processed in South Dakota is exempt for a peddlers license.  Charitable, educational, religious, and established routes with regular customers are also exempt.  A peddler does not need a city peddlers license for approaching commercial merchants.