Every peddler or transient vendor must have both the City of Hartford peddler license and State of South Dakota sales tax license to be able to peddle in a residential area.  Please call the non emergency number 367-7000 to report any peddlers who do not have these two licenses.  Note:  The following are exempt:  persons selling South Dakota agricultural products produced or processed in this state; charitable, educational, religious, persons selling or delivering property to regular customers on established routes; and vendors selling to commercial retail businesses.  Again, if you have concerns or complaints, please call the non-emergency number at 367-7000.

We appreciate everyone being alert to peddlers in town and letting us know when they have concerns.  Thank you!